Society is the professional membership body for people working in all sectors of the visitor economy.
It is where individuals from across all sectors of the Visitor Economy come together (online and offline) for discussion,
debate, to share views and knowledge, and to network.
The Society is the only professional membership organisation that represents all of Tourism - across all disciplines, geography and career stages.
Whether you work in the public, private or voluntary sector, are well-established in your career path or are just starting out on a travel or tourism course at college or university, the Tourism Society offers unrivalled opportunities to develop your business contacts and tap into a wealth of experience and expertise. Our Professional Section also offers particular benefits to consultants (Tourism Consultants Network).
What the Society can offer you:
- regular meetings throughout the UK
- a regular e-journal
- access to an extensive range of industry colleagues
- signposts to better business opportunities
- education and careers support
- annual conference and annual presidents dinner
- special interest networks
- Promote and advance the professionalism of individuals in tourismin all sectors, at all levels and worldwide
- Bring together the many tourism sectors to discuss, debate and share ideas & stories, to network, and to develop best practice
- Support training and academic development
- Support our members at all stages of their progress through the industry
- Recognise individual achievement in the field of tourism
- Provide a channel of communication for members on issues of local, national and international interest
- Support and encourage individuals’ understanding of sustainable development and the issues around it