7 Point House
18 West Grove
With more than 20 years’ experience working in travel and tourism, my projects at NEF Consulting involve strategic advice, community engagement, socio-economic and environmental impact evaluations, and training for a wide range of private, public and third sector clients in the UK and internationally. I’m also an ESCR funded PhD scholar at the University of Surrey, researching employment quality in service sector employment. Previously, I managed The Travel Foundation’s TIMM project in collaboration with PwC, which assessed TUI Groups’ holistic impact in Cyprus.Please get in touch via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEF Consulting is the transition consultancy. Founded in 2008 and owned by the New Economics Foundation, we help organisations in the journey towards a new sustainable economy.
We help organisations to think differently about environmental and social impact, or how they collaborate, interact and make decisions.
We take organisations beyond where they can go alone, unleashing the potential of their people and helping them to become ready for the future.
Organisations who work with us:
• Develop an understanding of value for money that includes social and environmental outcomes alongside the economic costs and benefits.
• Integrate social, economic and environmental measurement into their culture to support the long-term sustainability of their activities and investments.
• Prove the value and improve the effectiveness of what they do.
• Understand and manage their impact on their own employees and on local and global communities.
NEF Consulting is offering advice and support in the following key areas:
• Research, monitoring and impact evaluation (actual and forecast economic, socio-cultural, health & wellbeing and environmental impact)
• Strategic advice and frameworks for destination planning and management; and local and regional regeneration and development
• Development of environmental adaptation and mitigation strategies
• Knowledge transfer, capacity building and continuous improvement
NEF Consulting are experts in assessing the triple bottom line impact of large complex organisation and bringing together a range of indicators in one place.
• We have experience in examining the social impact of large institutions in the tourist sector.
• We are familiar with designing bespoke questionnaires for tourist and recreation sites that pinpoint socio-economic flows and the net value they generate.
• Our team is familiar with key indicator sets and has established methodologies for assessing holistic impact of these, including the impact of the tourism and cultural and natural heritage sector.
• Our projected impact assessments support organisations in funding and funding applications
Clients include: The Crown Estate, WWF, John Lewis Partnership, The Devonshire Group, Raleigh International, Canal and Rivers Trust, The Conservation Volunteers, Barangaroo Delivery Authority and many more.
We apply a range of methodologies that will be tailored to our clients’ needs, such as, Theory of Change (ToC), Social Return on Investment (SROI), Total Contribution, Social Cost-Benefit Analysis (SCBA), Local Multiplier 3 (LM3), Well-being tools and methods, ,Strategy and planning frameworks, and offer a wide range of Workshops and Masterclasses (including Value for money, measuring and improving well-being, LM3, SROI, Measuring Social Impact, Commissioning for outcomes and co-production).
Visit our website to find out more about our work and case studies: http://www.nef-consulting.co.uk/about-us/