The Tourism Consultants Network was formed in 1989 to represent the specific interests of the Tourism Society's consultant members, and to provide an easily accessible database for clients searching for specialist expertise in the tourism, travel and leisure sectors.
Today the Tourism Consultants Network is the largest association of consultant tourism experts in the UK, with more than 130 members. Collectively they provide expertise in most areas of the UK’s thriving and highly diversified tourism sector, and take their skills to developing markets all over the world.
Find out more about joining the Tourism Consultants Network below. Click here to apply.
Please note - this TCN section of the Tourism Society website can be reached directly by simply using the url tcn.tourismsociety.org.
TCN members only. The dedicated members-only area of this website contains valuable links to many procurement portals, archived copies of TCN News, the minutes of committee meetings, and news about forthcoming projects. Simply log in to your account and select 'My TCN Account' from the red drop-down menu.
Looking for a Consultant?
The Tourism Consultants Network offers an unrivalled range of advisory, specialist and implementation skills at every level, from policy formulation for governments to start-up advice for new enterprises.
These skills have been categorised under 15 disciplines and across different sectors, and can be viewed easily by using the search facility under the Find a Consultant tab in the sub-menu above. Consultants can also be searched by name or company.
If advice on finding suitable expertise or experience is required, please in the first instance contact the Tourism Society secretariat. Tenders for consultancy services or projects can also be circulated to members or advertised.
TCN organises a number of networking events and discussion meetings every year. Some are for members only, others open to a wider audience. Details are circulated to members by email, and posted under the Events tab at the top of the page.
Becoming a Member
The Tourism Consultants Network warmly welcomes applications for membership from active and suitably qualified consultants in the tourism sector. In order to protect the TCN’s professional integrity, applicants are required to provide evidence of their expertise, which will be reviewed by the TCN Committee before an application is accepted. Applicants must be existing members of, or must first join, The Tourism Society (see subscription details here).
The evidence to be submitted should include the following information:
- Consultancy history: projects/clients/dates, including any testimonials from clients
- Consultancy skills, including sectors and geographical areas in which you work (if necessary, see the listing of sectors in Finding a Consultant for reference)
- Employment history: full CV, showing skills/qualifications, education and training, employment, professional achievements, publications, relevant interests/activities, etc.
- References: two sponsors, who are either current TCN members (whom we will ask if they are happy to provide support), or external referees (written reference required), or a combination of both.
- Database details: please supply a concise summary profile (60-80 words) of the principal services/skills you provide, your professional experience, recent clients or projects, etc, for posting in our online 'Find a Consultant' database.
As a general rule, applicants will be expected to have been working as tourism consultants for a minimum of twelve months. If you need any advice on submitting an application, please do not hesitate to contact the Tourism Society secretariat in the first instance. On acceptance, Tourism Consultants Network members must pay an annual supplementary fee (currently £35) and sign the Declaration of Good Practice (see link below).
The Aims, Objectives and Core Activities of the Tourism Consultants Network, together with the Constitution and operational guidelines can be viewed here.
For all enquiries, please email email@example.com